This is a great lesson to teach multiple perspectives in United States History. This lesson is situated during the American Revolution Unit and it challenges students to consider an American Perspective of the Colonists and a British perspective of the Colonists. The goal of the lesson is for students to understand how to evaluate different historical perspectives and defend a claim with appropriate evidence.
What is included in the Lesson?
1. Lesson Plan
2. Six Question Anticipatory Set
3. Timeline Student Activity (about the causes of the American Revolution- to establish context)
4. Four Primary and Secondary Sources with ten guided questions
5. Handout on Multiple Perspectives
6. Student response sheet to answer the historical question
This lesson would be great for 8th Grade US history or an ELA class practicing expository writing! Click the picture below to download.